Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

Rylie took her first plane ride last Friday...to Phoenix. My parents visit their friend Ron (aka Uncle Ronnie) every year around this time. There were some really good prices on flights and since I didn't have to hoard all of my vacation time for maternity leave this year, we decided to invite ourselves out for a visit. Rylie did great on the plane. On the way out, we sat next to a very nice lady (who will be a first time grandma in October) that asked to hold her...and Rylie fell asleep for her! We sat next to an equally nice lady on the ride home. Rylie was a little squirmier and she may have noticed Dan and I passing her back and forth, so she asked to hold her and did so several times! Towards the end she was so tired and fought sleep, but finally gave in for the last hour of the flight.
Waiting for everyone else to board the plane

In flight picture

Are we there yet?

Dan and I headed to the golf course shortly after arrival while Rylie and Grandma played back at the house.

Playin' in the pool
Mommy's day with Rylie= lots of pictures




Family photo- we just needed Patrick and we would have had a Christmas card!


Rylie and Great Uncle Ronnie

On our last day there, my parents were heading to a resort for a few days. Since we had a late flight, we were able to hang out with them and swim for the afternoon. At about 2:00 we were wishing we had stayed 1 more day!




Ready for the airport!

1 comment:

{Emily} said...

So cute! I love the picture of her in the baby pool! I'm glad to hear that the flights went smoothly for you guys!