Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oktoberfest 2010

It was another great Oktoberfest. Rylie had a great time at Sloopy's on Friday morning while Grandpa was broadcasting the tapping of the golden 'can'. This is a pre-celebration for the actual opening ceremony: the tapping of the golden 'keg' down at the festgrounds. This also makes it a long day for people that plan on making it to the festgrounds that evening, since the drinking begins at 6am!

Grandpa, Dr. Rock and Dan Wettstein broadcasting from Sloopy's

She dressed the part...in her mini dirndl

Hmmm...should I or shouldn't I? Okay...she was really eating a cheerio.
Great Grandpa and Grandma saved us a table in the front. That's Grandma and Uncle Patrick in the background too!

Unfortunately, Grandpa had to fly out to St. Louis following his morning show to broadcast the UW-L game on Saturday. He wasn't happy about it and neither were we! The only positive to come out of this is that Dan and I got to spend more time with Elaine and her friend Megan from Texas after the parade. We even got to go to a bar, which doesn't happen very often! Thanks to Grandma for staying home with Rylie.

Parade pictures (we don't actually watch it):

Checking out other people's tailgates

Running, running, running

We're working on "please"...

You know those carts with all of the blown up animals on sticks, silly string, horns, etc.?? I remember practically begging for something from these carts when I was younger. Of course Rylie gets one out of Grandma :-)

Giving kisses

Morning nap...it was not a warm day

Grandma and Ry

Auntie Elaine

Family pic

My Elaine

All the girls

Parents out on the town!!
Mandatory annual picture

No comments: