Monday, October 28, 2013

Rylie's 4th Birthday Weekend (cont. from 4th of July)


We continued celebrating Rylie's birthday weekend from lots of fun on the 4th of July to swimming at the Aquatic Center in Onalaska to a picnic lunch and playing at Kids Coulee in Myric Park, dinner with Great Grandma, presents and finally dinner and a sleep over at Grr and Grr Mom's. 
 
As a 4 year old Rylie continues to amaze us.  Each year I think about how much I just love her at that age and each year it gets even better. First things first, at her 4 years old check up Rylie weighed 31 1/2 lbs and is 38 inches tall. She's petite, but she's our good eater out of the two and tries just about anything. She's very independent and likes to do things "all by herself". She LOVES to sing and perform- anywhere from Sofia the First to Kidz Bop to Country. Some favorites this past year were Delta Dawn (which we changed to Reagan Dawn), Shine On (Florida Georgia Line), Boys Round Here (Blake Shelton), Stronger and Call Me Maybe from her Kidz Bop CD.  She often ends her performances with "Thank you very much, I'll be here all week".  TV shows she loves are Doc McStuffins, Curious George, and Sofia the First.
 
She is very imaginative when she plays and will play very well by herself.  She and her "kids" or "friends" are often packing bags and purses to go to school, the store, or a soccer game.  Some of her friends names are Joey, Andy, Banner, Elise, Oah, and Midilyn (they are all girls). Reagan is often one of her "kids" and at that time she goes by any one of the following names- Say, Miss T, or Check...not that she actually pays any attention to her sister bossing her around.  It cracks me up when I tell her she can't do something and she comes back with "well I let my kids do that" or "well my kids don't listen to me either".  She picks up on bigger words and actually uses them in context most of the time.  She often has phone conversations with some of her "friends" that go on for minutes.  She also had "puppies" that would usually go to stores with us. She is a big helper to me a lot of the time and listens pretty well most of the time too.  She has her moments though...whining has become very popular...she also loves to drive mommy and daddy crazy by just not answering at all...or just flat out not listening. We also get occasional eye rolls or sighs.  We're happy this is still fairly infrequent.  
 
She loves to steal Gamma's camera and fill it with self portraits.  She likes to play Lego friends (and for some reason prefers they don't wear their hair, so they are all bald), coloring, playing I her kitchen, being mommy to her babies or "sweeties" as she calls them, playing with play dough, tinker toys, and reading books.  Some of my favorite phrases have been "Oh yeah, that makes sense" which she could respond to just about anything, and "Do you even realize".  And she melts my heart when she says things like "I love having a baby sister", or "You're the best mommy in the whole world." 
 
There are nights where she goes to bed really well and other nights where she drags it out over an hour.  But those are the nights that I know some day I'm going to look back and miss.  Those are the nights where she wants each of us to lay with her and talk for a little while.  Or she'll ask me to "sway" her and I hold her and we sway and sing "Your are my Sunshine" together. Or Take Me Out to the Ballgame (her request) or Jesus Loves Me. And that's how she puts her babies to bed too...swaying them and singing You are my Sunshine...and watching herself in the mirror- it's so cute.  So when she and daddy talk, he tells her stories about Princess Rylie, along with Princess Reagan, King Daddy, and Queen Mommy.  And when mommy lays with her, we usually talk about our days or she'll ask me to tell her about random things.  She tells me she loves me all the way to the 'nice' giant on Mickey Mouse and I tell her I love her all the way to the moon or clouds or stars. I just feel so incredibly blessed to have this sweet girl as my daughter.
 
Swimming!


My big 4 year old!



Sofia the First cd from sissy


Bank ladies and kiddos




Baby bunk beds to match her big girl bunk beds

Reagan trying them out

DQ ice cream cake!


So happy to have Great Grandma there for one more birthday...

 



 
Rylie's personal fire works show


Celebrating with Grr and Grr Mom

Bitty Baby!
 
Dan and I went to two concerts this Summer and both just happened to coincide with our girls' birthdays.  The night of Reagan's birthday we saw Kacey Musgraves, Eli Young Band, Eric Church, and Kenny Chesney at Miller Park.  And the day after Rylie's birthday we went to see the Eagles with my parents at Summerfest.  
 


 
 

No comments: