Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back to Reality

Well, it was inevitable...I had to return to work eventually. I was dreading it and as my friend Sarah said, the anticipation was worse than actually doing it. And it did go much better than I thought it would, but it was still hard. It helps knowing that she is with people she is familiar with (Trudy and Leslie) rather than having to drop her off at a day care center. And Dan does the dropping off, so he is still at home with her when I leave for work and I get to pick her up and hear all about what she did that day.

She also sends us occasional emails with pictures, which always make me smile. In her first week with Auntie Leslie, she got to take the boys to school and pick them up. Big cousin Brady keeps her company and tells me all about the toys she likes and the ones that make her cry. This week, they stopped in at Grr's office to say hi.


My last night of maternity leave...getting in some extra snuggles


First day back to work


Visiting Grr's office


It got cool enough to break out the Bundle Me for the car seat!

1 comment:

Matt and Sarah said...

God love whoever invented the BundleMe!! Rylie you're looking as adorable as ever.