Monday, November 19, 2012

Catching up...finally

Well, I'm back!  I knew some things would be neglected once I returned to work...I just didn't think it would last for over three months!  I'm in the process of writing three months of updates.  The reason I want to make sure I include each one of these is because I want to do the same thing for Reagan that I did for Rylie- print a hard cover blog book of the first year of her life. This blog pretty much serves as a baby book for my girls along with a "first year" calendar for each of them documenting the dates all of the first year "milestones".  While I do have a baby book for each of them that I hope to go back and update someday, I don't know when it will actually happen.  So I figure a bound book of the events and happenings of their first year of life has to be the next best thing. 

To be honest, I thought being home with two kids this summer was pretty easy.  Of course not having to wake up to an alarm and be dressed and out the door by a certain time played a small role in that.  We were lucky to be out of our jammies by noon most days. I knew that going back to work would be a challenge for us all and that we'd have to be pretty organized for it to work.  Well that lasted about two weeks.  I have learned that with two full time working parents, something will always be neglected.  So far the blog has suffered the most.  The cleanliness of my house is probably next...it's a disaster most of the time.  But let's face it, after somewhat sleepless nights (Reagan still wakes up and sometimes Rylie does too), a full day of work, making dinner, taking baths, and the seemingly never-ending bedtime routine, I'm ready to crash and the last thing I feel like doing is picking up the house and prepping for the next day.  At one point, every room of this house was such a mess, I got out the camera and took pictures because all I could do was laugh at the fact that we actually allowed it to get like this.  So when the weekend comes and the house has to be cleaned and the laundry done, unfortunately, I feel like it's the kids that are neglected.

I guess that's the life of two working parents.  Somehow everything that needs to be done still gets done. The kids are fed, stories are read, and all of the hugs and kisses are given. And at the end of the day when I'm tired and Rylie needs something and Reagan is crying because she's hungry and I look around at everything that has to be done yet that night and feel like we're living in crazy town, I wouldn't trade it for the world...I love every minute of the craziness because I know it's only going to be for this short time in our lives and then it's going to be over.   I cannot believe how fast the time is already going and I try my best to take a step back and enjoy it...even in the middle of chaos.

1 comment:

Karen, Kevin, Emily,and Eliza said...

Happy to hear someone else's life is exactly like mine. Crazy chaos but wouldn't change it for a minute.