So, notes I have made about Rylie from 4-5 years of age are:
At her 5 year well-check she was 36.4 pounds and 41 inches tall. When she grows up she wants to be a "hairstyler". She absolutely loves doing hair...mine, Gamma's, Daddy's...whoever she can get her hands on. This one is my good eater. She eats a lot of fruits, vegetables, salads, chicken, beef, and will try pretty much anything at least once. The complete opposite of her younger sister.
She loves playing teacher, principal, mommy, Elsa and Anna, store. She and Reagan like to play shopping together. They put a ton of stuff in bags and go through a check out line. They also pack up their bags and babies to go places we have gone...Target, the Fair, games, etc. She plays mom to her daughter "Say" (Reagan). She talks about how her kids never listen to her. When I ask how many kids she has, she replies "twenty-five".
She seems to pretty much pick up and sing any songs she hears on the radio, especially country songs. She also sings along with Frozen, Kidz Bop, and practices pom routines with Brielle.
She likes to color and draw. She has started drawing people, rainbows, flowers. In pre-school they mastered counting to 50 and writing letters. She does great with upper case, but needs to work on lower case letters need work. She likes to play kitchen, go ice skating, building Lego Friends, wearing high heels, reading stories to babies and animals at night. And she LOVES crafting- anythig she can cut, glue, tape together.
In the past year she has done several classes- Soccer, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, and Ballet/Tap. Still trying to figure out what she likes best. Gymnastics and Swimming are the two we sign up for just about every session.
She loves being a cowgirl...she'll put her boots and hat on and gallop around outside playing "Flicka". One of her favorite movies.
I love how she ran to me when I picked her up from pre-school (a rare occasion). The girl loves her leggings and would wear them every.single.day. if we allowed it.
Conversations with Rylie:
On being 5 and going into Kindergarten:
Ry: "I'll still be your little baby even when I get big"
On Rylie getting older/bigger:
Me: "I don't like this"
Ry: "I know your'e not ready for this but... (trails off)"
Riding her big girl bike and fell off it one time:
"I don't think I'm ready for this"
"Mommy, time is going too fast and I don't like it". Amen sister. Although she was referring to the fact that it was already time for bed.
Ry: Mommy I'm 4 1/2 now.
Me: Rylie I just want you to stop getting so big...just stay 4 1/2.
Ry: Well, if we were Cedrics I could stay 4 1/2. (Cedric is the sorcerer from Sofia the First)
"When I get 5..." Discussing all the things she thinks she gets to do when she turns 5.
" Thank you, I love it" Her response to just about any gift she opens.
"I love my Family" Melts my heart.
"I'm not going to get married, I just want to be a mommy" Super.
She loved pre-school and they learned to sing some pretty cute songs...which we sing at night time when she's laying in bed. I don't lay with her every night, but the nights I do, we have some of the best conversations. *Thankful song, Turkey song, Jesus loves me, Away in a manger.
![]() |
| Reagan sneaking in to wake her up. |
![]() |
| Birthday Girl! |
![]() |
| She immediately went to the mirror to see if she got any bigger now that she's five. |
Since we had done the zoo for Reagan's birthday and they already had their birthday party with family/friends, we asked Rylie if she wanted to have a few friends over on her birthday. My parents were in town for the weekend with it being 4th of July, but headed out as the friends started to arrive. She had a couple girls from our neighborhood (that were also in pre-school with her) and a neighbor of Beth's that she plays with when over there and a couple of cousins too. We thought about taking them all bowling, but Rylie decided she wanted to have a pool party.
![]() |
| The look she had for the neighbor boys when they showed up again! |
| Of course if her sister had a Frozen cake, she needed one too! |
At age 5, here are the answers she gave me for her favorites:
Color: Purple
Food: Grapes
Movie: Flicka
Activity: Playing hair salon
TV Show: Peppa Pig
Best Friend: Sophie
When I grow up I want to be a: Hairstyler










No comments:
Post a Comment