Monday, February 2, 2015

The Cabin 2014 Edition


The last week of July is my favorite wee of the entire year.  We pack up what appears to be most of our house and stuff it into our miniature SUV and drive 5 hours North to a cabin where we spend a week doing NOTHING.  We do a lot of eating, drinking, relaxing, bon fires, fishing, some swimming, some water skiing, and some paddle boating.  I used to get a lot of reading in as well, but that has dwindled from a max of 4 books our first year to a People magazine, if I'm lucky.  But I love the time we get to spend together without the laundry, housework, or work work to worry about. 

What would I do without thirty-one bags
We kind of had room for the girls
We're in trouble when their legs get longer...but I've decided this is our last trip
North without a giant SUV...because clearly my packing skills will never improve

The girls and I went with Papa to put the boat in


And they took their turns driving

And two minutes into the trip I got stung by a bee
The girls took turns with Gamma out on the paddle boat






The indoor pool turned playpen...a great way to corral all of their stuff.
And they enjoyed trying to nap there too.
A lot of good food and a lot of wine








Reagan disappeared and we walked in to find her here.  That's the ladder she scooted under.
So obviously putting the ladder up was a genius idea.

Little monkey- yes, I made her show me how she did it


Ready to fish!









A sea plane kept landing and taking off in the lake
Getting ready for our annual family pics!




Another great year in the books.  And as soon as we drive away, I'm already looking forward to the next year.  Next year we've decided to try out the bigger cabin next door...more water frontage without having to walk through the wood to the dock.  The girls will love it.  Is it July yet??


No comments: